Happy Thanksgiving! (Bizarro-Style)
DISCLAIMER: This blog post was written in good fun. It does not reflect the views of anyone associated with this blog in anyway. In addition, it may contain some adult content and/or biblical mockery that may offend some people. If you are one of those people, read on at your own risk or don’t read on at all. Your choice. We all have choices and I choose to not take everything so seriously just as you, the reader, may choose to skip my Thursday blog posts. I am neither a heathen nor an atheist. As a matter of fact, I was raised in the Catholic Church and attended Catholic School for a number of years. Again, this is all in good fun – and laughing makes us all live a little longer. So if you’re ready to turn that frown upside down, read on.
Before I continue with my self-indulgent post highlighting some of the things I am most thankful for, I’d like to begin with this:
Now back to me….If you’ve been on social media at all lately, you’ve undoubtedly come across posts rom your friends and acquaintances highlighting something they are thankful for. This practice is supposed to last from November 1-November 28 but, as many of you have noticed, the thankful posts often dwindle into obscurity by day five or so. This is why I generally wait until Thanksgiving to announce the things I am thankful for. This year, I’m going Bizarro-style.
10. I am thankful for the opportunity to be a writer. Having a job that sucked would, well, suck.
9. I am thankful for my family.
8. I am thankful for my friends.
7. I am thankful that cannibalism is looked down upon and …
6. I am thankful my family and I have a roof over our heads.
(Aww, shucks. I know, I know…)
5. I am thankful for coffee.
4. I am thankful for Jared Leto. (What? He makes good music I can write to…)
3. I am thankful for my two boys. I love them more than I thought possible.
2. I am thankful that I have the best husband I could ever wish more.
1. Mostly, …
Have a Happy Thanksgiving!
and remember to always…